Support on XP

Jun 14, 2008 at 2:07 PM
June build on XP SP2...

These don't appear to work:
  • Visual Studio debugger-like tooltips
  • Tabbed interface
    They for Vista only?  Based on the included .DLL, I'm assuming that's the issue.

• Coordinator
    Jun 15, 2008 at 9:26 AM
    no, absolutely not - tab control is rendered by hand, as are the tool tips.
    how do they dont work? what happens when you press Ctrl-T? nothing?
    i need to set up an xp or 2003 virtual machine
    Jun 17, 2008 at 7:09 PM

jachymko wrote:

They didn't work, because the *user* didn't know about "Ctrl-T"...  "Bug" fixed: user replaced... ;-)
    Jun 17, 2008 at 7:16 PM

jachymko wrote:

One thing that doesn't seem to work properly is when I try to exit.  I've seen it behave 2 different ways: no redraw the background properly or just hand at exit.
    Coordinator
    Jun 17, 2008 at 9:17 PM
    I've been already told about the redraw bug which occurs on machines not running DWM (http://www.codeplex.com/bgshell/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=5339), but I don't understand what you mean by "just hand at exit"?
    Jun 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM

jachymko wrote:
    I've been already told about the redraw bug which occurs on machines not running DWM (http://www.codeplex.com/bgshell/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=5339), but I don't understand what you mean by "just hand at exit"?

Sorry, "hand"->"hang".  When I type exit in the console, the screen either remains there, and did the last time for almost 24 hours while I left my computer running or doesn't redraw properly.  I can't access that workitem " Error Log Reference #3daddceb-dd73-4565-a18b-453024401864"...  Odd.  Not sure what "DWM" is, but will check it out.
    Coordinator
    Jun 19, 2008 at 11:55 PM
    The work item url seems to work for me, strange.
    However - there's code which disables any further redrawing when the window is about to close. It's because the window has been updating itself (controls being removed, etc) during the closing fade-animation on Aero Glass (the DWM stands for Desktop Window Manager, the compositing engine in Vista), and it looked ugly. I didn't realize the window would stay there without DWM enabled, so I'm going to put a check to not disable the redrawing unless Aero Glass is running.